The California Trade Justice Coalition Seeks a Part-Time Organizer
The Organizer will be responsible for assisting with the organizing efforts of the California Trade Justice Coalition.
- Assist with the development of the California Trade Justice Coalition by meeting with the leadership of various labor, immigrant rights, environmental, family farm, consumer, faith and community organizations to solicit their involvement and participating in strategic planning discussions.
- Support with convening leaders from various organizations via face-to-face meetings and/or conference calls to develop, update and execute Congressional district-by-district campaign plans.
- Assist with the organizing public events, conducting earned media and contributing to other campaign tactics including releasing press statements, op-eds.
- Coordinate and prepare social media posts for larger campaigns and assist with day-to-day management of CTJC Twitter and Facebook.
- Staying on top of national and local trade policy developments
- Coordinating regularly with the Director of the California Trade Justice Coalition
- Provide a weekly report of work assigned and completed
Only highly organized self-starters should consider applying for this position. A successful candidate will:
- Have a deep commitment to and passion for social and economic justice
- Work well independently and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Have strong communication skills and be comfortable with public speaking and writing
- Be able to work within a budget
- Be comfortable working with labor unions, environmental groups and family farm organizations and people of diverse races, sexualities, and political backgrounds
- Ability to develop content and engage in digital organizing through social media
This position is part time, 12-14 hours/week from $18–22 per hour. Salary commensurate with experience.
Preference for Bay Area applicants but remote work is possible by arrangement.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter to Will@citizenstrade.org explaining your interest in the position and your availability, along with a resume, two to three references and a writing sample. Apply by Feb. 15.
The California Trade Justice Coalition is a fiscally sponsored project of Earth Island Institute, a 501(c)3 non-profit, public interest, membership organization that supports people who are creating solutions to protect our shared planet. Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.