The California Citizens Trade Campaign seeks a motivated Multimedia and Outreach Intern to help us get the word out about our efforts to build a strong California economy that works for all.
We’re building a powerful cross-sector coalition bringing together labor, environment, human rights, and social justice leaders to fight the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and other bad trade deals, while advancing a pro-active trade justice agenda. This internship is a great opportunity to gain experience at a respected nonprofit, network with experienced activists, and hone your social media and outreach skills to make a positive difference. We seek someone with good people skills, social media and traditional media savvy, and ideally, someone with some photography and/or video experience. A background in community outreach is also extremely helpful.
This position is out of our office in downtown Oakland, but some remote work by arrangement is also an option. This internship does not include a salary or wage, but does include a $500 travel and accommodations assistance stipend (covering three months). It requires 10-12 hours/week (with flexible hours), and a minimum 3-month commitment.
This position is supervised by the Campaign Director. Primary responsibilities include:
Multimedia and Outreach
- Promote campaign events, programs, and activities through our website, Facebook, Twitter, listservs, and other online multimedia channels
- Draft newsletter content, social media posts, and outreach e-mails about our work
- Assess opportunities to conduct tabling outreach, book team members on panels, radio/TV/Internet media programs, and participate at events
- Take photos and video at events and gatherings, and upload these to social media sites
- Assist with additional administrative, data entry, and outreach tasks as needed
- Quick learner, comfortable taking responsibility for tasks with minimal supervision
- Available 10-12 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months
- Intermediate computer skills, including knowledge of GoogleDocs, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, basic HTML or web content management systems, and PhotoShop
- Intermediate knowledge of social media sites, especially Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of e-mail communications systems a plus, especially Salsa or MailChimp
- Some experience with photography and/or videography preferred
- Responsible, very organized, and detail-oriented
- Good written and verbal communication and people skills, in person and on the phone
- Interested in learning about trade justice, environmental sustainability, and social justice
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your availability, along with a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Women, LGBTQI, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. No phone calls please. Thanks for your interest!